Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ban appeal
Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): SMP

Minecraft name: .Notvastcake 

Reason for your ban: homophobia 

Who banned you: Thedutypaid 

Why should you be unbanned (Why should we give you a second chance?): I said a joke that "lqbtq people are gay" it's a joke that I stole from the internet and i clarified that it was a joke, the joke isn't said in anyway to offend the other genders the joke is stolen form r/technicalcallythetruth, "lqbtq people are gay" basically means that some people in that community are gay hence the g 

Why do you want to come back: i want to come back as it's a great server , people here are realy friendly, and I can't play any other games without being bored after some time , even in MC I get bored after sometimes and this server is pretty fun to spend time 

Thanking you
. Notvastcake

Let us start with a review of what you said and the replies to it.

Member [Member] .Notvastcake » anyone else think lqbtq+ is gay
Rookie [Rookie] .MonaXK17 » ?
Experienced [Experienced] TrashPanda ⁑ » isnt that the point?
Admin [Admin] TheDutyPaid » how are you using the term gay?
Member [Member] .Notvastcake » ?
Rookie [Rookie] .MonaXK17 » u have problem with lgbtq community?
Admin [Admin] TheDutyPaid » how I read it
Member [Member] .Notvastcake » lol he doesnt get it
Member [Member] .Notvastcake » mona didnt get it
Admin [Admin] TheDutyPaid » I know kids uses the term gay wrong

Member [Member] .Notvastcake » bruh its a joke dont be mad

Elder [Elder] TheNoiceOne☮ » Not a particularly funny one tbh
Member [Member] .Notvastcake » my sense of humor is beyond your understanding

Elder [Elder] TheNoiceOne☮ » ok...
Regular [Regular] CYBERRONIN117 » wow

At this point, I did wait for you to offer an apology but none came.

Now to your appeal “I said a joke that "lqbtq people are gay" it's a joke that I stole from the internet and i clarified that it was a joke, the joke isn't said in anyway to offend the other genders”

We can view the posting on reddit.

[Image: X6Rx9Mm.jpg]

“My thoughts on the lgbtqia+ community” ~ “Kindagay ngl” (Not going to lie)

Looping back to me “how are you using the term gay?”

Then to reference this article in The Guardian “The 'gay' word: what does it mean when young people use it negatively?”

“The problem with saying ‘that’s so gay’ is that even though you and your friends might know you’re not being homophobic, if you’re using it in a public or semi-public space, other people might see you as homophobic,”

The Guardian

“"lqbtq people are gay" basically means that some people in that community are gay hence the g”

Well I am sorry to tell you that you have not understood your own joke and the context from where it is from, maybe if you said a “part of LGBTQ was gay” that would at least make sense.

On Hometown we welcome players from all over the world, different ages and that may be under the umbrella of the LGBTQ+ community. I have always been proud of this and work towards keeping it as such.

All you have done is spread content that is a form of bullying, just like “jokes” made towards other religions, persons from other countries or races. Then you defend your actions without even a hint of an apology.

Ok I got 2 questions
1. Am I permanently banned
2 if so is there any other chance to be unbanned

1. You are not permanently banned, this why you have a chance to appeal.

How long?
I can't see

"Then you defend your actions without even a hint of an apology."

Pls tell how long I banned for like 1 week or smtg

Let's try this another way.

Please answer the questions below. I like to read so feel free to pour it all out, short few words are a turn off.

1, What have you learnt from all of this and being banned?

2, How in the future will you watch what you say and understand jokes may not be a joke to all.

3, Anything you would like to say to LGBTQ+ members of Hometown?

1. Not to be saying things that could be considered offensive to any community even though it may be said as a joke in public

2. Think before speaking and including factors like is it necessary, nice or rude to say this

3. To all people who are a part of the lqbtq+ community
I want to say that you are some great people.

Are you also .RareReaper387 and .WilyDragon52774 ?