• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ban Appeal
Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): SMP

Minecraft name: kierabtw_

Reason for your ban (exactly what it says when you try to log in!): Reason: X-Ray, ZTP.

Who banned you: Banned by Jeff8675.

Why should you be unbanned (Why should we give you a second chance?): I should be unbanned because first of all, my ban was almost 4 years ago, and since then ive become a lot more mature and also gathered a lot more experience in Minecraft. I now fully understand the consequences of using unallowed client modifications such as x-ray and can confidentily promise you, that if you give me another chance, you will not regret it.

Why do you want to come back: Because I have such a good memory of this server, that to this day, it's still stuck in my head. This server was truly different from others, and it is something i searched in different servers for a long time, but even after all of that, I still want to come back to yours.

I want to come back because now im confident i wont mess it up again, and im confident that i can be valuable part of your community. 

In case of my appeal being accepted, i will promise that i will not lose this server again.

Hey! Jeff is no longer a staff member here, so I'll be handling your appeal.
I appreciate the honesty in your appeal. It is, however, not quite up to par with what we expect from x-ray appeals, so I'm going to ask you a few questions to make sure you get it. Your responses are expected to be thorough and show you understand the nature of x-ray and why we disallow it. A good response is 4+ sentences from what I've noticed in my years here.

1. How does x-raying impact other players/the economy as a whole?
2. Why do we not allow x-raying/hacking here on HomeTown?
3. How would you feel if someone was able to gain a substantial advantage over you in a way that you were unable to?
4. If you are caught hacking/x-raying again, are you willing to accept a more severe punishment? (This one can be yes/no)

Hey! Thanks for your kind response.

1. How does x-raying impact other players/the economy as a whole?
Other players who could realize you're x-raying could start getting affected, because they might dont want to accept the fact that you got an unfair advantage,
which might result in them to either use x-ray, break the server rules or even leave the server completely.

The difference in an economy with items acquired through xray, is that there will be more items than normal, which causes the economy to lose its balance.
Xrayers might also tend to sell their xray-acquired items for a lower price than normal, because they might have too much, or they dont really care, which can massively hurt the economy and people who actually farm and put effort 
into their shop.

2. Why do we not allow x-raying/hacking here on HomeTown?
I assume that first of all, your community is really important for you (as the HomeTown Server Team). Having x-rayers on your server can not only impact you guys, but also other players,
because they might feel that your server is not safe (as in that you dont take enough care), which is why i totally understand your concerns and measures about x-raying/hacking.

So I would say that you don't allow it because you want to keep your community/server safe and deeply care about it, which is something players should not take for granted. (Thanks for your effort!)

3. How would you feel if someone was able to gain a substantial advantage over you in a way that you were unable to?
In the past i would've probably reacted completily different, but today, I know that you have a competent server team which will help me deal with players that have bad intentions, such as me losing my fun.
I also now know the worth of playing on a server like yours, which is why i wouldnt let myself get affected, knowing if i do, i might risk losing your server.

So, in summary, I would first contact player support, and i would not let myself get affected, because ive been in the other players situation and know exactly what hes risking.

4. If you are caught hacking/x-raying again, are you willing to accept a more severe punishment? (This one can be yes/no)
I am more than confident that i outgrowed my past self and learned from my mistakes, so if i were to cheat again, i would have to accept it, because i lied to you, and even myself.
Without sounding harsh and considering everything i said, i would totally accept another punishment, even if un-revokable, if i were to get caught again, because i am confident that i learned from the past.

Thank you for taking your time and reading my appeal.

Thanks for your patience.

I like your responses. Your answer to #3 wasn't exactly what I meant when I asked that question, but it's about the spirit which I think you've certainly got.

As of the time this message is posted you have been unbanned from the server. As with all x-ray bans your balance has been reset to 0 and any diamond/netherite items you had had been confiscated.

Welcome back to HomeTown!