• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sugar Cane and Wheat Help >w<
Sad 
Hello! My name is Xia,
I'm new to minecraft along with my husband Kahim, we've been doing a lot in the game since we just started two days ago but I can't seem to figure out how to grow sugar cane or wheat >w< so can anyone help me figure this out please, it will be much appreciated. Thank you! 

There are YouTube videos on how to make a food farm, just search in google wheat farm / sugar cane farm.

You need to hoe the ground to place wheat. Do / recipe hoe in game to learn how to make one if you didn't know.

Then you will need nearby water so the wheat grows. YouTube can teach you the best way for this, but for basic farm a 4x4 with water is middle should work fine.

For sugar cane you need to put it on sand blocks along with water beside it or under it if I remember correctly.

My advice is ask google anything you don't know, its how most mc players have learned.

Lastly welcome )

Google is the all knowing machine

(04-23-2016, 09:02 AM)Thorsassin Wrote: There are YouTube videos on how to make a food farm, just search in google wheat farm / sugar cane farm.

You need to hoe the ground to place wheat. Do / recipe hoe in game to learn how to make one if you didn't know.

Then you will need nearby water so the wheat grows. YouTube can teach you the best way for this, but for basic farm a 4x4 with water is middle should work fine.

For sugar cane you need to put it on sand blocks along with water beside it or under it if I remember correctly.

My advice is ask google anything you don't know, its how most mc players have learned.

Lastly welcome )

Thank you so much for the information!!! >w< it's very much appreciated ^_^

I put a few basic farm squares across the dirt bridges on the resource world. Go to /warp resource, leave the building, turn left, left again at the pillar to cross over the 3 wide dirt bridge. In front of you there are several different wheat and beet plantings. Each is a 9 x 9 square with a water block in the center -- the long fields are just 9 x 9 butted up against each other.

Sugar cane can grow on dirt, grass or sand blocks that must be beside water but not soil (dirt that has been right-clicked with a hoe). Place one cane down and it will grow to 3 high after a bit. Punch out the middle cane to harvest the top two blocks which leaves the bottom block to grow back.

A hoe is made by 2 sticks placed vertically in a crafting table, with 2 cobble blocks on top, placed side by side -- see /recipe hoe

I don't bother with iron, gold or diamond hoes -- cobblestone hoes work well enough -- they do 2 x 64 block rows plus another 8 blocks.
/Rowebot