• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ban Appeal -- X-ray usage.
Server you were banned on (SMP): smp.hometownmc.com

Minecraft name: Sintact.

Reason for your ban: I was caught using an x-ray mod/resource pack.

Who banned you: Vilneas.

Why should you be unbanned: First and formost, yes, I did use an x-ray resource pack, seeing as there's really no use in piling a bunch of excuses and apologies in this appeal. This was truly my first time using any type of OP beneficial mod or resource pack on Minecraft and at the time I didn't realise that when it comes to playing fair, the staff don't play around. 
In my honest opinion I really did just bypass the server's rules by using an x-ray mod which does deserve punishment. Though I didn't admit to it when I was confronted, I knew right then and there that I had been caught out even though I acted like a pride-filled "I'm innocent" kind of person at the time.
Hometown is a very friendly, tightknit community. And I can tell you guys really do care about being fair when it comes to cheating. X-ray was always a curiousity to me and it was a huge mistake to have used it on a server such as yours. Bypassing the rules is one thing, but going through with cheating was an extremely dumb decision of mine. Nothing I can write in this appeal can really excuse my behaviour on the server.

Why do you want to come back: When I first joined the server, I was welcomed with open arms. "Welcome Sintact!" was the first thing I read. When I bought my VIP1 rank, I was immedietly helped out with how to colourise my nickname as soon as I asked for someone to help me out. Hometown is full of extremely friendly people, helpful and caring people and I don't see that on a lot of the other servers I've played on.
Seeing as I bought a rank (which gives me no exceptions whatsoever), I really do want to become a frequent player on the server. Seeing as I cheated I really did ruin my chances of becoming a member of the community. It never occurred to me during my time on the server that everyone around me were working long and hard to achieve the things they had. Their towns, their projects, all done through hard work. Meanwhile I was cheating my way through all that hard work.
As I said before, nothing I write can really truly excuse my behavior but I do really apologize for taking a side-step to the rules and then going as far as going against everything rules said not to do to keep all fairness within the game.
Sincerely, Adriana AKA Sintact.

offender: Sintact

timeline: i was doing my normal routine checks of diamond breaks when i came across some quick breaks by Sintact. i decided to vanish and go check out the mines, upon arrival i noticed that they were 1 by 2 unlit tunnels going from one diamond vein to the next. i had called Sintact out in chat and as described in the appeal you acted prideful and decided to lie about it and say that you were not using xray. at that point i ip banned Sintact.

evidence: http://imgur.com/a/ae4NV

observation: i just want to get this out there for you so that we are on the same page, even if you did admit to it when i called you on it i still would have banned you. now with that said i am not sure as to why you decided to throw away our rules and use xray, one of the worst things that you could have done here. your appeal seems to be genuine, sincere and thought out and i thank you for that along with you coming clean about what you were doing. there will be a few things i ask before you are unbanned, #1 any diamonds that you have will be given to me to destroy #2 any diamond tools or armour that you have made with the cheated diamonds will also be handed over to be destroyed. if you agree to these things i will unban you.
[Image: rIcAAht.png?1]

(05-10-2016, 07:15 AM)vilneas Wrote: offender: Sintact

timeline: i was doing my normal routine checks of diamond breaks when i came across some quick breaks by Sintact. i decided to vanish and go check out the mines, upon arrival i noticed that they were 1 by 2 unlit tunnels going from one diamond vein to the next. i had called Sintact out in chat and as described in the appeal you acted prideful and decided to lie about it and say that you were not using xray. at that point i ip banned Sintact.

evidence: http://imgur.com/a/ae4NV

observation: i just want to get this out there for you so that we are on the same page, even if you did admit to it when i called you on it i still would have banned you. now with that said i am not sure as to why you decided to throw away our rules and use xray, one of the worst things that you could have done here. your appeal seems to be genuine, sincere and thought out and i thank you for that along with you coming clean about what you were doing. there will be a few things i ask before you are unbanned, #1 any diamonds that you have will be given to me to destroy #2 any diamond tools or armour that you have made with the cheated diamonds will also be handed over to be destroyed. if you agree to these things i will unban you.
I definitely agree. Thank you for your review and consideration.

you have have been unbanned, welcome back to HomeTown. i am online know if you would like to get the formalitys out of the way. lets not let this happen again as it will prolly be your last time.
[Image: rIcAAht.png?1]