• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Server Render Distance
Jelly here,

I have a huge farm, and from previous memory, the server's render distance is 6 chunks. But some crops fail to grow even just 5 chunks away, which is a bit of a disappointment. 

So the question is, what is the server's render distance?

Advise: Don't make big farms and just use a machine like /warp free_xp
Thanks for reading my post :3

- Became Trusted rank in April 2015

Or, Stand in the exact center of your farm, you can just /afk or something and it will all grow. or build a smaller farm
Mechanic, Landrover lover, dont let me near a welder and an oxy torch Big Grin

[Image: CZo9VnF.png]

Or make a multi-layer farm like I have at /warp rabbits

Then you only need to render 1 chunk.
/Rowebot

So what is the render distance of the server? If it is only 3, which it seems like, that's ridiculous. My crops won't grow even 3 chunks away.....

still 6

Maybe double check your game render distance
Thanks for reading my post :3

- Became Trusted rank in April 2015

I have a similar issue, my island is large enough that my trees on one side and my cows on the other won't grow at the same time even if I stand in the center between the two... So I'm going to build a rail track that loops my land and ride it when I'm AFKing.
[Image: n4h33AN.gif]

/warp getoffmahlawn
/warp lucitrees
/warp lucihorse

Frost explained to me how the crop growth activation range is counted by blocks and not chunks. So maybe frost can explain it better. Since coincidentally, my crops stopped growing at chunk border which seemed like a render problem.

I also wanted to make a farm but I can't because of the render distance. Why is it 6 anyway, due to lagg? Would you consider changing the distance to 12 or is this not plausible?