• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minigame Idea
Jelly here,

While helping to build an iron farm a while back, I came across a lot of doors by each other. Two of my friends started playing hide and seek. Since the player's name tag is hidden while crouching, and the sheer amount of doors makes a fun manipulable maze, I thought why not make a mini game out of it. 

The set up is simply an area with a wooden door every block, and perhaps in a pvp environment where players can hide and surprise each other. Players will use doors to manipulate their pathway around the area, and use sounds of doors to determine their foes' whereabouts. Crouching makes you stealthy (no name tag visible through walls) but moves slower, and running gives your position away. 

I believe it'll make a fun game, not necessary in the way i described above. 

I'll set one up in survival and see what everyone thinks!

I Just played a small version of it with him its actually really fun and i think a game of hide andn seek is actually a great idea for a new minigame

awesome game! awesome idea! awesome!
-Chicky

I have seen this idea used in the past (on Xbox version of Minecraft). It worked very well and I don't think this minigame will need any extra plugins but the minigame joining and leaving etc. I hope this suggestion is highly considered.

Thanks for reading,

JoBot Smile
Thanks for reading my post :3

- Became Trusted rank in April 2015

On a previous server I built a minigame just like these, loads of people loved it. And as jo said, barely any plug ins are need ed so I think this would be awesome!!!!
Mechanic, Landrover lover, dont let me near a welder and an oxy torch Big Grin

[Image: CZo9VnF.png]

This sounds cool! Its kinda like Infection :3
- KatNip

So what does it take to make this a reality? Since I would need command blocks to get the game down. I'm thinking of either a 1 hit kill hide and seek, or Ctf of some sort.

I played a few rounds with Jelly and it's really fun and creative.  I think that this will be a big hit Heart

CTF would be good, Like a 2 Hills or something at either end of the map and you have to make your way to it!
Mechanic, Landrover lover, dont let me near a welder and an oxy torch Big Grin

[Image: CZo9VnF.png]

Or maybe a game mode such that one team is trying to get somewhere and another team is trying to stop them.