• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
Political survey
Now this is just a basic poll over who is what and if there can be compromise  in this world.

with all the political hate right now in most 1st world nations . AND I know a good 71% of the server are towards the democratic side maybe even more . its simply  a guess. I just simply wanted to know if those that are towards the left and or the right would you be willing to make compromise on most issues between the two major parties. Would you be willing to give a little to make back a little on these issues for compromise on these issues . I just wanna get a census  . Its mostly to see if people are stuck in there ways on both sides or if with work we can really get the job done and try to make compromise because it allows both majorities and minority's to win

this is minecraft not a political debate

(05-26-2016, 08:23 AM)Sarah Wrote: this is minecraft not a political debate

Indeed it is minecraft, and although the post is mostly lost on me i am still a big believer (especially on the forums) that civil discussions and debates can be had on here. As essentially the format is closer to that of a formal debate.

A while back on the old (and much more active) website there used to be a monthly debate thread with a topic on people's choice. We discussed Euthanasia, Education, and a hella' lotta things that have left my rottin' brain.

I think we need to welcome new ideas these days, and see what people have to say, free of fear from being labelled or disgarded. But listened to and politely disagreed with if the opinion does not fit with individual social norms.

Best regards and blessings to ya'!
Wise.

(05-26-2016, 08:00 AM)GhostBuster123 Wrote: Now this is just a basic poll over who is what and if there can be compromise  in this world.

with all the political hate right now in most 1st world nations . AND I know a good 71% of the server are towards the democratic side maybe even more . its simply  a guess. I just simply wanted to know if those that are towards the left and or the right would you be willing to make compromise on most issues between the two major parties. Would you be willing to give a little to make back a little on these issues for compromise on these issues . I just wanna get a census  . Its mostly to see if people are stuck in there ways on both sides or if with work we can really get the job done and try to make compromise because it allows both majorities and minority's to win

I'm afraid Ghost this post is lost on me. It might be worth clearing it up slightly and making your opinions a little bit clearer.

Also i think expecting people to compromise on their values might be asking way too much, especially in an informal debating place such as HT, where most of us are set in our ways, and those who aren't are probably too young to fully understand the decisions they're making.

Secondly i feel that you're over-stating our ability to change the status-quo. A few hometowners have neglible political power; especially as we're spread out throughout the world. I mean if you wanted to start some sort of multinational political movement that you would like to go Viral then it would have to be bloody good. The last thing that tried to do that was communism and we saw how well that worked out!

My advice from being the old political maestro on HT would be to make a debate thread. So just make a thread with a title which is a statement, e.g "The United States is a dying as a global power around the world." Then you can have people that agree and disagree. That's how a debate in the UK works.

I mean i can think of a few good debates already:
"Trump would make a terrible president" agree/disagree
"The United Kingdom will lose any remaining political influence by leaving the EU" Agree/Disagree
"China is a sleeping dragon, and it is our job to prevent it from waking." Agree/Disagree

These statements swing one way or another, and it is the way of the debaters to agree or disagree with the statement and then once it's over the votes are cast to see who agrees the most or who disagrees the most.

Hope this helps!
Best regards
Wiseman738

#SadiqKhanWillSaveLondon
[Image: kRNkRZ6.jpg]

Now, I think this post existing also means you don't realize something- most people already do hold a viewpoint that combines left and right opinions. It's just that the extremes are always the loudest.

(05-26-2016, 09:26 PM)Arrei Wrote: Now, I think this post existing also means you don't realize something- most people already do hold a viewpoint that combines left and right opinions. It's just that the extremes are always the loudest.

I agree with arrie, I can be seen as a leftist, but I hold some right veiws

BTW China can be a great ally, and they are trying to clean themselves up after years and years of total disconnection from the rest of the world, also, it just seems so quintessentially offensive that you refer to china not as a sleeping bear, but a sleeping Dragon XD only thing worse is to have said sleeping Panda bear

Watch out, Canada is a sleeping moose that just awaits being waken
Don't poke the sleeping kangaroo that is Australia
Your Friendly Neighborhood Clumsy Goofball Nerd

Best Playlist Ever (Always Growing):

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...VOYZLv-_MG

(05-26-2016, 10:13 PM)The_Epic_Legend Wrote:
(05-26-2016, 09:26 PM)Arrei Wrote: Now, I think this post existing also means you don't realize something- most people already do hold a viewpoint that combines left and right opinions. It's just that the extremes are always the loudest.

I agree with arrie, I can be seen as a leftist, but I hold some right veiws

BTW China can be a great ally, and they are trying to clean themselves up after years and years of total disconnection from the rest of the world, also, it just seems so quintessentially offensive that you refer to china not as a sleeping bear, but a sleeping Dragon XD only thing worse is to have said sleeping Panda bear

Watch out, Canada is a sleeping moose that just awaits being waken
Don't poke the sleeping kangaroo that is Australia

Russia is the Bear
Great Britain is the Lion.
China is the Dragon.
America is the Eagle.
North Korea is the skunk.

Keep up with us nations referring to eachother as animals Tongue

Best regards
Wise.

Canada is the Moose that wakes up every now and then and drinks tons of maple syrup then returns to his slumber.
Mechanic, Landrover lover, dont let me near a welder and an oxy torch Big Grin

[Image: CZo9VnF.png]

As much as I understand this a game this is a just a civil discussion . and the truth is I do have mixed views. Honestly the best way to include the most people is with compromise and that I wanna know if people are willing to change with time and deals. Because the best way to get your way is 2 steps forward 1 step back which means you get the baseline but particular things should be in a different situation for example I have particular views with the Left and the Right so I am willing to change just over time . Simply this is just a forum post to see if people would be willing to give something minimal up to gain something greater in a long run. This could apply to most issues. For example I like the idea of Republican based economies but Democratic Human rights and interactions.

And well I believe there is always another option where both sides can truly win. That for example for a long time a lot of people were for slavery but over time that died out . it took a lot of time in the 18060s democrats but if eventually happened in the end . Same with the right for woman or African American voters to vote it would take time for it do happen a LONG time but it still did eventually . it was persuasion on one person at a time really till everyone's like HELL YEAH EVERYONE VOTE UNLESS YOU ARE 16 GOING THE FUCK ON 17 give it a year. You know the minority does need to win a lot more the majority needs some wins to EVERY once an a while.(By that I mean morality if majority feels nice and fancy every once and a while they can be persuaded).(not to sound like a dick at all to each their own opinion). IT all depends on the topic's indeed . I am willing to be persuaded as long as there are no name callings. like fucker or even for that matter Bigot .

I would be willing to host political forums here on the server website but there will most likely be strict rules. like name calling and stating your beliefs in a peaceful and respectful matter