• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best memory on HT
Big Grin 
Hello, HT players. Today I was sparked to ask all of you for your best memories on the HT server. It can be of any thing you enjoyed the most, whether it be buying a rare item or meeting friends. This could help spark players into doing something interesting on the server, or meeting someone new. Who knows? Maybe YOU will meet your new best friend on here.
   My best memories on this server kind of vary, but I mean you cant have much fun with one thing, can you?
        -First good memory, buying VIP1. I don't even know why I enjoyed it, but I felt cool having coloured text and all the fun perks that VIP had.
         - Second good memory, Buying VIP3. Yeah, VIP1 wasn't enough for my egotistical self, so I bought VIP3. I remember showing everyone I knew the cool mobs I could /d as, and glow was the coolest thing ever.
          - Third good memory, opening DeadShop. Opening Deadshop was a big thing for me because It was something that I thought was easy and was a great way to make money. I soon learned that wasn't the case, and had to close the shop about 2 months later due to constantly being out of stock. I've always thought about reopening it, but nowadays, it seems everyone owns a shop, so why bother?
            -Fourth good memory, opening Rivertown. I had started a small town called Icebank, that was good for players that wanted to sell houses themselves, as I allowed building and reselling houses there. HUGE mistake. No one really came, so I ended up abandoning the town, which still holds my pride and joy, my giant DeadPool statue.
             - Fifth good memory, joining EmeraldLake. After getting to know some certain people like Patty (Vegan Taco girl), I decided that I needed a break from always working in RiverTown. I wanted to expand my works to other towns. So I decided to help __Patty with her town, EmeraldLake. Her town had just started up, and I wanted to help make it grow, so after some kiosks and a couple houses, we finally have residents and plan to expand. 
              -Sixth good memory, buying my Elytra. Buying my Elytra was a big step for me, as owning it symbolizes wealth and success. Seeing Lex wear hers all the time really had me wanting one. So after asking several people, I found The_Epic_Legend, who then sold me his Elytra. I was so happy that I bought it. I showed it to everyone, and continue to show it off to other players.

This server is the best one I have found so far, because it isn't too big that you never remember anyone you meet, but not too small to where no one is online with you. The staff is super fun and cool to talk with. And the players you meet are amazing, from the day I joined to present day. I have never really had a dull moment here in HomeTown, and I don't see myself leaving within the near future. At least until Lex finds my x-ray mines, but Shh. She doesn't have to know Dodgy Thanks for the good memories, HomeTown. Let's cheer for more Big Grin
Big Grin The Official "Ginga" on the server Big Grin
Warps I own:
/warp Emporium
/warp Gingshop
/warp Rivertown
/warp minfo

Hm, meeting friends. (*cough* Shru, Ash, Clem, Em, Ranger, Wise, Wolfie, Star, Hill, Giborex, ItsGunner, Lava, Veo and many many more)
"No one is born hating another person because of the colour of their skin, or their background or their religion. People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught love, for love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite.
~Nelson Mandela

i got two, or three, who knows. It doesnt matter cuz no one rly cares  Rolleyes

First when i got on the server: people 2 years back actually said welcome for new players. Tht was one thing i liked. Too bad it is  not anymore thesedays: ppl dont care anymore. There comes about 10-20 new players on ht, but no one welcomes them anymore. Well maybe sometimes someone says welcome, but i really miss that chat blowing welcome wave with all that colourfull text ppl made. 

When i got my {advanced} rank: or as that time, it was called advplayer. It was the second rank after {player} if i remember right. And that time, votes didint count towards updates. Ppl had to earn them by being online and worth of admins trust. These days anyone can get the ranks without special effort. Heck, you can now vote 4 times day. That time you could only vote 3. But you also gotprotection stone on that time... So i guess it was balanced. Everyone complained about the votes and said it should do something so i guess admins actuqlly took up communitys idea and used it. I was also suggesting that votes should do something, but not such radical change as promotion system. Thats it, im an. Idiot and patience is someone i always lacked in, so the new feature kinda makes sense. But like i said before, it doesnt just feel right that ppl only need to do such simple thing as voting to get higher ranks. Now on these days i do not even bother to vote because i dont want to get higher from here. Well of coruse i would like but i just dont want to use that kind of system. But if you want, im not gonna stop you.
-0,0 days without a sh*tpost

-Forum dwelling since 2015! 

Best memory? Finding a great server to play with a loved one after two weeks of searching.
[Image: MlZF3GH.png]
"C'mon, let's keep it simple, huh?  He broke the rules, I banned him."

HomeTown Rulebook

Skype and Darkour with Turbo, Sarah, Emma, and Lava (especially the Princess Obama).
Damn, I miss darkour. A lot. Hope we get minigames back up soon!

Can't think of many other specifics, but there have been tons of great memories with other friends!
you can't take trash out of the oven
[Image: UvdzAjN.png]

I have quite a few, but no outright "best".

In any order
- The first HT Anniversary, while it's remembered for the crap that went down after the event, it was a nice fun event and a first for me on the server.

- Helping to run the (i believe was the first) xmas/winter event and helping with the anniversary's.

- Building / Setting up minigames. While it seems like super boring, i enjoyed it, thinking of games and new plugins, making the maps. The huge arena was fun to build, can't remember all who helped, but i remember shisuan helped with the ground and i think the circle, vil made the awesome roof. The good vs evil minigame map is also awesome, made by DK, and the map before that one that i sadly can't remember the name, but it was castle v castle.

- Building my first battleship in the main world.

- First time joining HT. The tutorial was a pain, but after i took the time to read through it, things were easy. Could have gone either way though, i'm generally quick lazy and skip through things, so could have quit, but it pissed me off enough that i took the time to read and pass it. So i'm pleased that i did.

- Starting my business empire. It took a very long time to reach #1 on baltop, 2 years give or take. I started out with a shop at my first and only town /warp springs and made a fair amount of money. Beating hubas 30-40 something grand took a lot to beat and also players such as, Jimgreen? iamameathead, uri, kingwhitesmoke, davethebrave, ender_wolf/fox deadcore, keko, alphapeach, braccus (epic builder) and someone (name i forgot) we had battles over saddles way back when.

- Buying VIP3 within the first week of playing. The server impressed me that much and i enjoyed playing, well worth the money and all the money i have spent since on others VIP.

- First beacon. Back then, beacons were very high priced around $100-$150 and considering i was not very rich at the time, i remember how i got it and the beacons after i got the first one. I believe Mr_Bilk owned the wither area, he allowed me to farm there, it was just a huge simple platform that spawned wither skeletons now and then with slabs everywhere, but it worked, just took time.

- Getting promoted to guardian for the first time. Back when DeaDCore was active, it meant a lot to me that i was trusted enough to help out.

- Finding the elytra with wiseman, and mining a tons of diamonds/ores with him. (Boring mostly, but always rewarding)

That's mostly all that i remember from the top of my head, i'm sure there is tons more. But generally any time i built with/chat/played with Sir_Puffalumps, Wiseman, Shisuan, Deadcore, Vilneas, David_alan_rowe, learned a crap ton from them. HT community as a whole has always been welcoming and friendly.
IGN: Genocore

I have many favorites but heres some of them...(not in order)

-Building DonkTown Lakeville Voidmall and Portland
-Building My giant island
-Making So many great friends (Patty,Seb,Kiro,beo,Lex(ew),vil,guy,big,lowri,stumpy,and so many more like I love all of ht <3)
-Making a shop
-Getting My 1st VIP rank and 1st Voting rank Big Grin
Those are just some of many, BUT overall my most favorite home town memory was typing the IP in for the first time <3
Have a great day!  Angel

I'mma get emo for a minute

Summer of 2015 - Probably the best 3 months of my life. It was when we all started going into Skype calls with each-other, and started hanging out more. The community was very close during those months, whether it was exploding my old town, dicking around with griefers, or starting up The Gay Mafia.

My birthday - I have an ego bigger than Kanye West. For real though, I've never felt so much love in one day, and waking up to a bunch of cute messages on Skype was amazing.

Christmas time (2014 and 2015) - Christmas time on the server was v warm and inviting, whether it was Christmas 2014 when I got VIP3, or Christmas 2015, where Star and I were singing Christmas songs. (The events for both years were really fun too)
I have a new girlfriend now
[Image: tumblr_nwsqf8uAJM1tbo6e7o1_500.gif]