• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cheaper repairs at /warp repair
Seeing as the enchantment system has become considerably more grindy in 1.8, repairing enchanted tools a few times will make the price jump exponentially, to the point where it's impossible to repair.

A good game mechanic is one that fits in naturally with the vanilla game. When you want to have tools with decent enchants, what do you normally do?

If your answer is "buy access to or make an experience farm," it will further illustrate my point, Mr. Strawman I constructed to continue my argument.

Having to abuse game mechanics instead of earning it through normal gameplay is not good game design. Having your earned items become irreparable after a few hours of gameplay, and then having to spam click for the next few hours to get another one or repair it if it's still repairable, is not good game design.

I realize that having tools that last forever will disrupt the games balance as it will remove the need to continue searching for resources to further work on a building or other structure. This is Minecraft, you mine and you craft.

Look, what I'm saying is, the repair system we have right now is shitty and broken and isn't fun. Okay, let me cut to the point.

I realized that repairing tools at /warp repair will save me from several hours of grind. The only problem is that it's very expensive, $25 to repair a single tool and $250 to repair all items in your inventory.

I am not asking for it to be ridiculously cheap, as it will, again, feel too much like cheating.

I just ask for a reasonable price. Maybe $10-$15 or so, until Mojang fixes this balance issue. This will still add a cost to having a good tool, but not to the extent of mindlessly pressing the mouse button for a few hours in an experience farm.

Or, better yet, find a plugin that fixes this balance issue.

I understand that Hometown is vanilla, and I appreciate that. But some aspects of vanilla could be drastically improved and save people *cough* me *cough* a lot of time. Having a $10 or $15 repair sign will also require players to gather resources to sell to acquire enough net to repair, meaning it will still keep the economy and the sense of achievement going.

like you said in this post, this is as close to vanilla minecraft as we can get with what we use. at some point you will have picks that you just can not repair due to this and thats part of the game. warp repair gives you the option to keep that god pick alive that you love so dearly and personally its not all that bad of a cost. we really dont need to even have the option to offer honestly, so you should be happy that it is even there.
[Image: rIcAAht.png?1]

(01-07-2016, 06:08 AM)vilneas Wrote: like you said in this post, this is as close to vanilla minecraft as we can get with what we use. at some point you will have picks that you just can not repair due to this and thats part of the game. warp repair gives you the option to keep that god pick alive that you love so dearly and personally its not all that bad of a cost. we really dont need to even have the option to offer honestly, so you should be happy that it is even there.

I understand, it's just the system could be patched up by making it cheaper or installing a balance plugin that doesn't stray too far from vanilla.

It's just a suggestion, I'm not complaining that the option is there, I'm suggesting that it could be made more accessible.

Wink 
(01-07-2016, 09:01 PM)ethanwdp Wrote:
(01-07-2016, 06:08 AM)vilneas Wrote: like you said in this post, this is as close to vanilla minecraft as we can get with what we use. at some point you will have picks that you just can not repair due to this and thats part of the game. warp repair gives you the option to keep that god pick alive that you love so dearly and personally its not all that bad of a cost. we really dont need to even have the option to offer honestly, so you should be happy that it is even there.

I understand, it's just the system could be patched up by making it cheaper or installing a balance plugin that doesn't stray too far from vanilla.

It's just a suggestion, I'm not complaining that the option is there, I'm suggesting that it could be made more accessible.

I wanted to put in my tuppence...it does make a lot of sense to keep the option accessible...it may make it more used and help both parties...$250 for the entire inventory is quite a bit on the high side i'd say...of course maybe i could just be a bit cheap in the head Big Grin